Understanding Your Business
is Our Business
Elliot S. Wiczer
- Business Law
Elliot S. Wiczer is a partner at Wiczer Sheldon & Jacobs. Elliot represents businesses and individuals in a variety of legal matters and has also served various businesses as outside general counsel. He received his B.A. degree from the University of Wisconsin, Madison in 1987 and earned his Juris Doctor from John Marshall Law School in Chicago in 1991. Collectively, for over 10 years, he served as the Chairman of both the Plan Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals in Highland Park, Illinois. He currently acts as General Counsel to the Staffing Services Association of Illinois.
During his career, Elliot has tried or arbitrated more than 70 cases to verdict/award in state and federal court and has also argued numerous appeals. With his vast experience, he has represented clients in labor and employment law, complex trademark and patent cases, business and commercial claims, including claims related to international disputes, promissory notes, guarantees, loan agreements, tax, secured transactions, real estate matters, shareholders disputes, and other general litigation matters.
Elliot is a licensed pilot, experienced boater and avid diver.
- The John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 1991
- University of Wisconsin
- B.A. - 1987
- Illinois, 1991
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Tax Court
- Chairman of Plan Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals in Highland Park, Illinois
- General Counsel, Staffing Services Association of Illinois