Community Association Law
Cost-Efficient And Comprehensive Services For Community Associations
Community Associations must proactively safeguard their best interests. This is not always easy, particularly in today’s litigious climate. It is critical to work in-depth with attorneys who have experience with community association law and can provide cost-effective legal services.
At Wiczer Sheldon & Jacobs LLC, in Northbrook and Rolling Meadows, we provide comprehensive representation for condominium, homeowner and town home associations. Some of the matters we handle include:
- Updating and amending Declarations, By-Laws, Rules and Regulations and other governing documents
- Advising the Board regarding corporate governance issues
- Reviewing, analyzing and construing the Association’s governing documents
- Attending Board and Owners meetings
- Drafting and reviewing vendor contracts and other agreements
- Addressing unit owner violations
- Addressing vendor disputes
- Collecting past due assessments and other charges
- Advising the Association regarding owner foreclosure and bankruptcy actions
- Preparing and filing annual reports
- Developer issues
Litigation With Reputable Results
Dispute prevention and resolution is critical to any association. With an eye toward cost vs. benefit, we negotiate many favorable outcomes through alternative dispute resolution. Our trial attorneys have also taken many cases to court. We have won favorable verdicts in cases ranging from assessment collection to building code violations, construction disputes to housing discrimination complaints. As reputable litigators, you can rely on us to bring a suit on your behalf or to defend you from one.
Our Detailed Approach
We are a different kind of law firm. Rather than instructing clients to get in touch with us every once in a while when they have an issue, we deliberately build in-depth relationships. We get to know your goals and dynamic so we can develop a strategy that encompasses your entire association’s present and future needs.
You have an experienced ally in Wiczer Sheldon & Jacobs LLC. We are ready to provide a thorough evaluation of your association’s current needs.